Carol L. Jones focuses her practice in family law and real estate law. She assists families as they grow, working with donor agreements, the Gestational Surrogacy Act, prenuptial agreements, and real estate purchases. She also assists families as they transition, working with custody issues, divorces whether amicable or contested, the sale of real estate, and on probate matters.
Carol serves in several capacities with the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA). She is the Chair of the ISBA Standing Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, is an appointed member of the ISBA Diversity Leadership Council, and is an invited member of the ISBA Family Law Section Council. Carol is also an invited member of the Family Law Institute, a select group of 125 attorneys from across the country working and advocating for LGBT clients in family law matters as a joint venture of the National LGBT Bar Association and the National Center for Lesbian Rights. Carol is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, National LGBT Bar Association, and Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago.
Carol is a 2003 Loyola University Chicago School of Law graduate, where she served as the news editor for the Loyola Consumer Law Review and staff editor for the Annals of Health Law. Carol published articles include Email Solicitation: Will Opening a “Spam-Free” Mailbox Ever Be a Reality? and The Unintended Consumer: Protecting Teen Drivers Through Graduating Licensing Laws. She secured a certificate in Tax Law from Loyola University and holds an M.A. in Bioethics from the Medical College of Wisconsin. Carol joined Metz & Jones in 2009, and her skills in negotiation, fact analysis, and attention to detail have enabled her to provide the highest level of service to those clients needing litigation services as well as settlement negotiations. Metz & Jones LLC, a law firm that protects the rights of those often underserved, has proven the ideal culture for Carol. She advocates on behalf of families, children and individuals, serving as a trusted, able advisor.
Areas of Practice
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
- Real Estate
- Illinois, 2003
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. – 2003
- Honors: Certificate in Tax Law
- Law Review: Consumer Law Review, News Editor, 2002 – 2003
- Law Review: Consumer Law Review, Staff , 2001 – 2002
- Law Review: Annals of Health Law, Staff Editor, 2001 – 2002
- J.D. – 2003
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- M.A. – 2000
- Major: Bioethics
- Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame, Indiana
- B.A. – 1997
- Major: Communications and Religious Studies
- Email Solicitation: Will Opening a ?Spam-Free? Mailbox Ever Be a Reality?, Loyola Consumer Law Review Journal
- The Unintended Consumer: Protecting Teen Drivers Through Graduating Licensing Laws, Loyola Consumer Law Review Journal
- March 19, 2015, sponsored by the Illinois State Bar Association, titled “Marriage and Parentage for LGBT Parties and their Children”.
- February 18, 2015, sponsored by The Chicago Bar Association’s LGBT Committee, titled “Family Formation and Dissolution Issues for LGBT Families”.
- June 18, 2014, sponsored by the Cook County Domestic Relations Division of the Circuit Court, panel guest discussing Gender Diversity: Supporting Transgender & Gender-nonconforming Children and Adolescents.
- Read More ►