Donor Agreement Attorney in Chicago
How Our Attorneys Can Help You
Illinois Anonymous Donors, Known Surrogate Agreements, Known Donor Artificial or Alternative Insemination Agreements
Same-sex couples that wish to expand their family through alternative reproductive technology, including in vitro, artificial or alternative insemination, or surrogacy should have an experienced family law attorney who can provide the sound advice and knowledgeable legal representation that this process requires.
It is essential to have the right legal documents in place and to follow all necessary legal requirements to protect your family when using reproductive technology. Whether you do or don’t know who your donor is, we are qualified and able to assist.
Services We Assist With
At Metz & Jones LLC, you can be confident that you will receive the experienced, dedicated, and highly personalized legal advice and representation you require. For more than 40 years, our attorneys have been providing professional legal services in a warm and friendly environment.
Our lawyers routinely assist clients in the following capacities:
- Creation of donor agreements for known sperm donors
- Ensure compliance with the Gestational Surrogacy Act
- Draft necessary documents required by assisted reproductive technology agencies and facilities, from a letter to your doctor to an executed Parenting Agreement for your donor bank
- Legal representation for gay male couples that are expanding their family through the assistance of egg donors and uterine donors
- Legal representation for lesbian couples that use sperm donors to assist in having a child through alternative insemination
- Adoption to create legally recognized relationships
Benefits of Working With an Attorney
Donor agreements and surrogate agreements must be carefully drafted, and the wrong language or terminology can put you in a difficult legal situation. Working with an LGBT rights attorney ensures that everything is as it should be and no legal loopholes are possible. Our LGBT rights lawyers ensure that you are not discriminated against or treated differently throughout the process
Alternative reproductive technology agreements are signed contracts by the donor or surrogate and the donor’s or surrogate’s spouse stating the identity of the intended parents.
For surrogacy agreements, careful compliance with the Gestational Surrogacy Act is critical.
Contact Metz & Jones LLC
To schedule a consultation with one of our family law attorneys, call 773-878-4480 or contact us by e-mail. The team at our LGBT law firm in Chicago is dedicated to ensuring the legal processes of reproductive technology agreements go as smoothly as possible. We look forward to working with you.
Serving the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Community and Friends in Chicago, Cook County and Illinois.